New Engage Portfolio and Engage Program Community Groups!

New Engage Portfolio and Engage Program Community Groups!

by Technical Support -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students and Faculty,

We are excited to introduce both the new Engage Portfolio tool and your new Engage Program Community groups!
The Program Communities will also be the place to communicate with fellow students in your program, find program resources, and view program announcements. The Engage Portfolio will be accessible through your new Engage Program Community groups. We have included answers to frequently asked questions regarding the new portfolio and community groups below.

When will I gain access to the Program Community group and how do I access that group?
Online students will be enrolled in a Program Community group later today and notified of that enrollment via email. You will be able to access your program community group through the courses dropdown menu in the global navigation or the Activity Stream block on your site Dashboard.

How do I access my Engage Portfolio?
Once you have access to the Program community group, you can initiate your portfolio setup by clicking the Engage Portfolio activity. After your portfolio has been activated, you continue to access the Portfolio through your program community group, or there’s a direct link to the portfolio inside the tool. There are also documents to help you use the portfolio in the support section

What about files that I've already stored in my portfolio?
You can migrate portfolio files that you have stored by exporting them from the old portfolio tool and importing them into the Engage portfolio. Instructions for importing and exporting can be found here:
https://engagesupport.s3.amazonaws.com/current/studentfaculty.portfolio.copying_mahara_portfolio_to_engage_portfolio.html.

Access to the old portfolio will close on the morning of August 9, so please have any files that you want to save in your portfolio migrated before that date.

If you have any questions about these changes please feel free to reach out to the PSC or your SSC.